September 11, 2019| 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. | Maintaining a Personal Life While Growing Your Practice
Dentons | 601 South Figueroa Street, 25th Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90017
RISE and the WomenLead Committee of Dentons are proud to co-host this presentation featuring Bernadette Catalana of Candid Talk for Women, and Ashley Selman of Thrive Studio Coaching. The focus of the panel will be on maintaining a personal life while growing your practice. Bernadette will discuss challenges facing women lawyers today, and how to confront them head-on. She will also show us how to develop skills that increase efficiency and effectiveness. Ashley will provide a non-legal perspective on changing the way we value our time, e.g., which (life) tasks should be delegated and which should be kept, along with the tools for building habits for sustained success. Ashley can also debunk myths about how much time we really need to spend working out in order to be healthy and fit given our busy schedules!
- Bernadette Catalana | Partner | Manning Gross + Massenburg LLP
- Ashley Selman | Fitness Studio Coach | Thrive Studio Coaching
RSVP to email@example.com
- Parking: Parking entrance is on Wilshire, if you are walking or Ubering, enter on Figueroa.
- Upon arrival/Security: Go to the lobby, check in with Security, who will give you access to the 25th Floor (note, you must RSVP to get on the Security list).
- Appetizers and beverages will be served.
March 30, 2019 | 11 am – 1 pm
Polsinelli | 2029 Century Park East, Los Angeles, CA 90067 | Conference Room A – located on concourse level
- Holly J. Mitchell | Senator
- Laura Friedman | Assemblywoman
- Sandra Munoz | Civil Rights Lawyer
- Patti Giggins | Executive Director of Peace Over Violence
Cost: $10 Member of any Organization below; $35 Non-Member Space is limited, reserve early | Lunch will be provided
RISE | Latina Lawyers Bar Association |Asian Pacific American Women Lawyers Alliance | Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles | Black Women Lawyers of Los Angeles | California Women Lawyers
REGISTER HERE: https://www.wlala.org/events/EventDetails.aspx?id=1205053&group=
Laura Friedman | Assemblywoman
Holly J. Mitchell | Senator
Patti Giggins | Executive Director of Peace Over Violence
Sandra Munoz | Civil Rights Lawyer
For more information about this event, contact: (213) 892-8982 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about RISE, contact: Celeste Brecht Partner, Venable LLP at cmbrecht@Venable.com or +1 310.229.9974
Networking, complimentary CLE, and special guest speakers:
Zeina Grenier Head of Music Publishing Business Development, North America | Facebook
Jackie Hayes General Counsel and SVP, Legal & Business Affairs | Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Inc.
Amy Ruskin VP, Assistant General Counsel | CBS Television Studios
Wednesday, October 3, 2018 | 6-8 pm
Venable LLP | 2049 Century Park East, Suite 2300, Los Angeles, CA 90067
1.0 hour Elimination of Bias CLE | RSVP by 9/26 at http://www.sccla.org
Judge Margaret Nagle | JAMS
Judge Holly Fujie | Los Angeles County Superior Court
(Photography by Dennis Trantham)
Judge Deborah Brazil | Los Angeles County Superior Court
An evening of professional networking, complimentary CLE, and featured speakers:
Hon. Deborah Brazil | Hon. Holly J. Fujie | Hon. Margaret A. Nagle (Ret.)
Wednesday, August 8, 2018 | 6-8 PM
Kasdan LippSmith Weber Turner LLP
360 East 2nd Street, Suite 300 | Los Angeles, CA 90012
On November 2, 2017, RISE celebrated our third anniversary with Amy Brantly, Founding Partner at Kesselman Brantly Stockinger LLP, and President of the Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles. We were honored to have Amy with us to share her insights and celebrate another successful year.
We have a number of exciting events in the works for 2018, including the following:
- April 11, 2018 | Communications Coaching | Dentons | Downtown Los Angeles
- May 2018 | In-House Counsel Panel Discussion | Polsinelli | Century City
- August 2018 | Judges Event | Kasdan LippSmith Weber Turner | Downtown Los Angeles
- October 2018 | 4th Anniversary Celebration | Venable | Century City
For more information, contact: Celeste Brecht Partner, Venable LLP at cmbrecht@Venable.com or +1 310.229.9974