September 11, 2019| 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. | Maintaining a Personal Life While Growing Your Practice
Dentons | 601 South Figueroa Street, 25th Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90017
RISE and the WomenLead Committee of Dentons are proud to co-host this presentation featuring Bernadette Catalana of Candid Talk for Women, and Ashley Selman of Thrive Studio Coaching. The focus of the panel will be on maintaining a personal life while growing your practice. Bernadette will discuss challenges facing women lawyers today, and how to confront them head-on. She will also show us how to develop skills that increase efficiency and effectiveness. Ashley will provide a non-legal perspective on changing the way we value our time, e.g., which (life) tasks should be delegated and which should be kept, along with the tools for building habits for sustained success. Ashley can also debunk myths about how much time we really need to spend working out in order to be healthy and fit given our busy schedules!
- Bernadette Catalana | Partner | Manning Gross + Massenburg LLP
- Ashley Selman | Fitness Studio Coach | Thrive Studio Coaching
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parking: Parking entrance is on Wilshire, if you are walking or Ubering, enter on Figueroa.
- Upon arrival/Security: Go to the lobby, check in with Security, who will give you access to the 25th Floor (note, you must RSVP to get on the Security list).
- Appetizers and beverages will be served.
March 30, 2019 | 11 am – 1 pm
Polsinelli | 2029 Century Park East, Los Angeles, CA 90067 | Conference Room A – located on concourse level
- Holly J. Mitchell | Senator
- Laura Friedman | Assemblywoman
- Sandra Munoz | Civil Rights Lawyer
- Patti Giggins | Executive Director of Peace Over Violence
Cost: $10 Member of any Organization below; $35 Non-Member Space is limited, reserve early | Lunch will be provided
RISE | Latina Lawyers Bar Association |Asian Pacific American Women Lawyers Alliance | Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles | Black Women Lawyers of Los Angeles | California Women Lawyers
REGISTER HERE: https://www.wlala.org/events/EventDetails.aspx?id=1205053&group=
Laura Friedman | Assemblywoman
Holly J. Mitchell | Senator
Patti Giggins | Executive Director of Peace Over Violence
Sandra Munoz | Civil Rights Lawyer
For more information about this event, contact: (213) 892-8982 or email email@example.com
For more information about RISE, contact: Celeste Brecht Partner, Venable LLP at cmbrecht@Venable.com or +1 310.229.9974
Wednesday, Nov. 7, 2018
6 pm • Registration, Light Dinner
7:15 pm • Program
POLSINELLI, 2049 Century Park East
Suite 2900, Los Angeles, CA 90067
$25 Registration for AMEC, WLALA, LAIPLA, and ABA Women in IP Action Group members $35 nonmembers
RSVP by Nov. 1: Member code: (Growth)
Grit and growth mindset – characteristics that many successful women attorneys have in
common – may matter more than other measures such as IQ, class rank, or law school. This
program educates participants about the science behind these traits, provides attendees with
tools to assess their levels of grit and growth mindset, and gives practical advice to incorporate
these concepts. We will discuss grit and growth mindset as applied to situations such as
engaging in negotiations, making a pitch, motion practice, and handling a heavy workload.
Ultimately, these traits can be taught and leveraged to enhance the quality and effectiveness
of women lawyers. Come learn from our esteemed panelists as they discuss how they have
utilized grit and growth mindset to overcome obstacles and achieve success.
Speakers: Blair Berk, Tarlow & Berk • Mary Craig Calkins, Kilpatrick Townsend, Moderator
• Julie Shapiro, Endeavor Content • Hon. Jean Rosenbluth, U.S. Magistrate Judge, U.S.
District Court, Central District of California
MCLE: One hour of CA State Bar elimination of bias credit.
Parking in the building for $15.00 after 5 p.m. Westfield Century City Mall parking, one block
away ($3.00 for 1.5 hours, $1.00 every 30 minutes thereafter).
- American Bar Association – Section of Intellectual Property Law, Women in IP Action Group
- AMEC – Media & Entertainment Counsel, Women Who Lead
- Los Angeles Intellectual Property Law Association, Women in IP
- Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles
On November 2, 2017, RISE celebrated our third anniversary with Amy Brantly, Founding Partner at Kesselman Brantly Stockinger LLP, and President of the Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles. We were honored to have Amy with us to share her insights and celebrate another successful year.
We have a number of exciting events in the works for 2018, including the following:
- April 11, 2018 | Communications Coaching | Dentons | Downtown Los Angeles
- May 2018 | In-House Counsel Panel Discussion | Polsinelli | Century City
- August 2018 | Judges Event | Kasdan LippSmith Weber Turner | Downtown Los Angeles
- October 2018 | 4th Anniversary Celebration | Venable | Century City
For more information, contact: Celeste Brecht Partner, Venable LLP at cmbrecht@Venable.com or +1 310.229.9974